SP2678F is a high performance offline PSR power switch for low power AC/DC charger and adapter applications. It operates in primary-side sensing and regulation. Thus, opto-coupler and TL431 are not required. In CC control,the output current and power setting can be adjustedexternally by the sense resistor R CS at CS PIN. In CVcontrol, multi-mode operations are utilized to achieve highperformance and high efficiency. In addition, good loadregulation is achieved by the built-in cable dropcompensation. SP2678F operates in PFM in CC mode,and it operates in PWM+PFM in CV mode with frequencyreduction at light/medium load. The chip consumes verylow operation current. It achieves less than 75mWstandby power to meet all global energy efficiencyregulations.
SP2678F offers comprehensive protection coverage withauto-recovery feature including Cycle-by-Cycle currentlimiting, VDD over voltage protection (OVP), FB overvoltage protection, load short circuit protection, VDDunder voltage lockout (UVLO), Brown out protection , Lineover voltage protection ,OTP etc.
SP2678F is offered in SOP7 packages.
● Less than 75mW standby power consumption at 230VAC with typical application circuit
● Integrated 2A 680V MOSFET
● Less than ±5% constant voltage and current regulation at universal AC input
● Primary-side sensing and regulation without TL431 and opto-coupler
● Adjustable constant current and output power setting
● Compensates for input line voltage variations
● Eliminates all control loop compensation circuitry
● Start-up and static current as low as 5uA and 600uA.
● Built-in Leading Edge Blanking(LEB)
● Brown out protection and Line over voltage protection
● Programmable cable voltage drop compensation
● Multi-mode PWM and PFM operation for efficiency improving and audio noise free operation
● Small Power Adapter
● Cell Phone Charger
● Digital Cameras Charger
● Linear Regulator/RCC Replacement